Welcome to the Murrysville Historical Preservation Society!
Upcoming Living History event: Hoy/Staymates log Cabin
Date: Sunday, October 8th Time: 1:00 - 5:00 Admission: Free - Donations gratefully accepted. Location: 4515 Roundtop Road, Murrysville
Directions: Rt 22 east - Take School road South between Sheetz and Walgreen’s one mile to right onto roundtop Road. Follow signs.
sincere appreciation to Ben Sampson for use of the Sampson/Clark toll House and Grounds as event site!
Hey Folks...Go to our (public ` no you don’t need a FB account) Facebook Page at: Murrysville historical Preservation society to view all the great photos of the September 16, 2017 “once Upon A time at the Toll House” event!
If you can’t find us on FB, ask a grandkid!
Murrysville’s Staymates House, built between 1785 and 1790 along present-day Round Top Road, played a unique role in Murrysville's history. The 2-story log cabin may have served as a rest stop for early settlers traveling west, and it has been referred to as a 'blockhouse', used in defense against Indian attacks in those days.
The Sampson/Clark Log Toll House, circa 1790, is located at 5302 West Pike Street, Murrysville, PA 15668
The Murrysville Historical Preservation Society, Inc. was founded in April 1987 by Roger T. Weiner, Jackie Wimer, Joan Kearns, Claire Bassett, Sandra Friesel and Eric Rogers who had unsuccessfully attempted to prevent the demolition of the stately 170 year old Bossart House in Murrysville Town Square.
The mission of the Murrysville Historical Preservation Society is to promote and educate residents through the discovery, collection and documentation of historical data, as well as support the preservation and refurbishing of historical structures, monuments and landmarks in the Murrysville area.
Our intent is to provide Murrysville residents, future generations and visitors of all ages with a better understanding of our rich heritage, colonial life and unique contributions of Murrysville in the history of Western Pennsylvania and the United States.
- Historical Heritage Festival held on grounds of the Sampson/Clark Toll House, c. 1790
- St. Nicholas at Murrysville Night of Lights
- Local Roots Community Outreach presenters, taking our local history into the community
- Local Scouting Organizations - Initiatives with Franklin Regional School District
- Murrysville Parks and Recreation Dept
- Pioneer Day Camp
- Identification of Local Historical Sites
- Local farmer’s markets in Murrysville and Export Join or renew your $15.00 Annual Household/Business membership now! Help us keep yesterday’s local history alive for today and for future generations!