Schedule Of events
- ALL YEAR - JOIN or RENEW your $15.00 Annual Household/Business membership now! Help us keep yesterday’s local history alive for today and for future generations! Membership permits free entrance to Heinz History Center for family of four and other potential discounts at historical sites in your travels. MHPS is member of Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation and Laurel Highlands Visitors Center.
- Event: Murrysville Historical Preservation Society sponsors Open House
- This will be the last “tour” for 2018, so take a minute to come see what Murrysville History looks like and enjoy some refreshments.
- Date: Sunday, November 11, 2018, 1 PM to 4 PM
- Location: Hoey/Hoy Staymates Log Cabin. c. 1758.4515 Round Top Road Murrysville, PA 15668
- Parking entrance on Staymates Court
- Activities: Tour - refreshments Admission -Free to public. Donations gratefully accepted.
- Hoey/Hoy Staymates Cabin is part of the Murrysville Municipal Park System and managed by the Murrysville Historical Preservation Society.
- 3rd SUNDAY - MAY THRU OCTOBER - HOY-STAYMATES OPEN HOUSE 4515 ROUNDTOP ROAD - RT. 22 EAST AT SHEETZ onto SCHOOL ROAD SOUTH to 2ND RIGHT TURN. RSVP and Info: JACKIE - 724-327-6942
- DECEMBER 2018 - TBD - St. Nicholas at Murrysville Night of Lights
- MAY 2019 - TBD - MEET AND GREET AT THE SAMPSON/CLARK LOG TOLL HOUSE. CLOSED EVENT - LOCAL HISTORICAL SOCIETY MEMBERS TO MEET AT THE PAVILLION. TOUR OF TOLL HOUSE INCLUDED. RSVP JACKIE: 724-327-6942
- JULY 2019- TBD - MHPS PARTICIPATES IN PARKS AND RECREATION - PIONEER DAY CAMP PROGRAM INFO AT: MURRYSVILLE PARKS AND RECREATION. FREE. CHILDREN. RSVP; 724-327-2100 EXT. 131; murrysvilleparkrecreation.com
NOTE: NEW HAYMAKER WELL HISTORICAL MARKER LOCATED ON PA HERITGE BIKE TRAIL - CARSON STREET PARKING LOT. HISTORICAL SITE ON NORBATROL STREET SOUTH OF PARKING LOT - VISIT - FREE FOR THE WALKING OR BIKING ALONG TRAIL.